Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Garlic-Lime Chicken

I made some very yummy and healthy chicken tonight! It's an easy one. I found the recipe on foodtv but I changed it a little bit since I didn't have all the ingredients. I think almost anyone (even your picky eaters) will like this one.

Ingredients:
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 tsp Onion Salt (or you can use chopped onion)
2-3 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp Molasses (don't be scared- it caramelizes)
2 Tbsp Worstershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

Cooked pasta of your choice

*If you used chopped onion instead of onion salt, add some salt to the marinade. The marinade tastes different than the chicken will after cooking. Weird I know.

Preheat oven to 400. Spray a roasting pan with non-stick spray. Mix all ingredients except chicken in a bowl. Then, add chicken breasts and marinate as long as you want. I think I let it sit for... oh.. about... 10 seconds! I was in a rush but it was still good! Put chicken breasts in pan and pour remaining marinade on top. Bake for 30-35 min.

Place chicken breasts on top of cooked pasta and pour remaining sauce from pan over chicken and pasta! Wa-la! I served it with garlic french bread and steamed broccoli. Let me know if you try it and how it turned out! Yumo! Sorry for no pictures- we were too hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment