Friday, June 26, 2009

Believe it or not...

I cooked fish of my own initiative!

I have had this tilapia recipe that I have been looking at for ages. I don't care for fish too much, but Josh and Bec love it, and this recipe has olives, so I went for it.

Tilapia-->Haddock with tomatoes and green olives

(I couldn't get tilapia here in Aberdeen)

-a couple pieces of your favorite kind of mild fish

-halved cherry tomatoes

-sliced green olives

-minced garlic

-olive oil

-parsley (next time, I think I'd prefer basil)

Combine all ingredients (minus the fish). Arrange fish on a greased pan. Put toppings on. (Omit olives if your husband does not like them ;)) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. (I baked it at the same time as the potatoes you'll see below)

Sauteed veggies- I had zucchini and broccoli in the fridge- olive oil and herbs...

Also twice-baked potatoes...cook your pot's in the microwave, scoop out the insides of each half, add butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, and salt and pepper- mix it all up together and scoop back in the potatoes (we call these jacket potatoes here in Scotland :)). Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until browned.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment