Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Italian Chicken

Yippeeee! First post on the recipe blog! I hit it out of the park with this one tonight. Billy said that it was "good....no, really good!" Ok that never happens at my house. The recipe orginally called for fresh tomatoes but I like the flavor and consistency of the Italian canned ones when cooking. I got this recipe from Gaylie. Now I'll stop blabbing and post the recipe. Enjoy! Oh and the pictures will get better in time. Let me know how it turns out if you decide to try it.


Italian Chicken

INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package onion oup mix
1/2 bottle Italian dressing
1/2 can Cento whole peeled Italian style tomatoes (yellow and red can)
8 ounces mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 bay leaf

DIRECTIONS:
Spray a 9X13 Pyrex dish with cooking spray. Lay chicken breasts flat in dish (I made a slit in the underside and opened them up to make them bigger and the same thickness throughout.) Drain can of tomatoes and add as many as you want. Dump mushrooms on top. Mix Italian dressing, onion soup, oregano, and bay leaf in a bowl. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. I served it with white rice and Caesar Salad. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to the fact that all of the above recipes are yummy as I had Em cook them for me while I was in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete